Thursday, December 11, 2008

and from Austin, TX!

I received my care package (swap organized by Lindsay) from Diann full of awesome Texas-ness. Actually I received this on Friday but am only now sitting my butt down to write about it. I just love care package swaps!
I don't know if you can tell from the picture but this box was big. It's a Zappos box, we're talking boot sized. Just opening it up was lovely. Everthing packed so nicely, a note & post card and a lovely scent. I figured I'd have to dig a bit to get to the bottom of the lovely scent.
A wonderful box of Texas goodness:
Agave Nectar
Blueberry Jam
Cranberry Habenero Jam
Soap (this was the aroma)
Corn Tortillas
Salsa
Mexican Oregano
Texas Shaped Corn chips
Whole Foods shopping bag
Laura's Wholesome Junkfood cookies
Yam
Grapefruits

Shortly after opening the box Lex ran off with one of the grapefruits.

I got a kick out of the cornships
They really are Texas shaped! Neato!

Mac got something out of the package too. Remember that ribbon tying it all together from the first pic?
Yup, that is the best thing ever!
The cookies are super yummy. Probably a good thing I can't get them around here or I'd be broke buying them all the time. Lex has already started in on the corn tortillas so if I want one I'd better get in there now. The stolen grapefruit was delicious, the other probably won't be around for much longer. Some oregano has found it's way into some tester chili to be posted at a later date. Mac is still loving the ribbon.

16 comments:

Jes said...

What a great package! And TX shaped corn chips? How awesome is that?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome package! the corn chips? LOL so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Awesome care package! And I'm loving the pics of Mac with the ribbon!

allularpunk said...

what an awesome package!

Vegan_Noodle said...

What a great package!! I love the Texas shaped chips :-)

Kookie Diva said...

Very cool! and I LOVE Laura's Wholesome Junk Food :D
You just gave me a great gift idea for my vegan friends...whew :) Thank you!

aTxVegn said...

I hope the chips are still intact and I hope you enjoy a taste of Texas. I enjoyed our swap!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Aww, I love swaps! TX shaped chip are hilarious!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

That's quite the care package!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Lucky you! Great package!

Anonymous said...

Awesome care package! It all sounds delicious.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

How cool! So many goodies! Even Mac got something out of the swap! He's too cute!!

Ricki said...

I did a swap with Neil from Cooking for a Vegan Lover and was never so excited in my life as when I opened that package! It's so great to receive gifts in the mail, no? And yours looks so fabulous (though we'd expect no less from Diann!) :)

Anonymous said...

Diann rocks! That looks like one fun package. I can't wait to hear how the cranberry habanero jam is.

Anonymous said...

Well, it has a cleaner look.... but I'm still getting used to using it. It's a lot easier now then when I started though!

Nate @ House of Annie said...

That agave nectar is cool. Plain or flavored?