Friday, April 4, 2008

Burgers & Bundts

It was a Veganomicon kind of night tonight. I wanted something quick. I used up all my creative and happy energies at work. I needed simple and tasty. I settled on Vcon's Black Bean Burgers with lettuce, tomato, red pepper, and peanut sauce.
As we can see, Lex needed two.
These were great. As anyone who has made a veggie burger from scratch knows getting them to hold together is the biggest challenge. These are the most stable burgers I have ever made and so easy! They are the perfect basic burger as they are, able to take on any sauce, any spice. I will indeed be making these again.

And for dessert. Oh yes dessert. I can't behave for more than a day at a time. Vcon's Coconut Lemon Bundt Cake. I used my mini bundt pan because it is oh so cute and because I don't have a regular sized bundt.
This was delicious! So moist and cakey. I would have been safe from eating this little bute if Lex hadn't received a new bike part to fit on his motorcycle so he was at the shop and I was left to my own devices in the kitchen.

No comments: